Blue Ridge Bank & Trust
Blue Ridge Bank and Trust Co. was founded by three brothers – William, Robert, and Walter Reich, and opened its doors on October 16, 1958, with only six employees in a storefront facility at the Blue Ridge Mall. The Mall, also developed by members of the Reich family, sat on a parcel of land that was part of the family’s large produce farm. It earned acclaim as the first suburban shopping mall in the Midwest. Quickly becoming one of the area’s most popular retail and dining destinations, the Reich family determined the need for a community bank to serve the Mall’s many tenants and customers. In less than 10 years, Blue Ridge Bank had outgrown this facility and constructed a second branch.